Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

It was a flower from them...


For a change I wasn't nervous since I love children and knew I could bond with them well.
After our individual registration we all stood in a circle with the kids and as I was looking for a place to stand I remember being called by a few girls to stand with them and this made feel very nice. I told them that I dint know Kannada and they needed to teach me, listening to this they were very excited and immediately got to task by explaining the game that Vinay was playing with the kids.

After this we all got divided into our stalls and we started to do the chicken dance where we added a little "tupori" twist to it at the end which the kids enjoyed very much. We followed that with dancing to "if your happy and you know it' and the "boogie woogie''. After this we went and helped out with the other stalls and dance and sang in a few stalls.

I remember one girl asking me if this was going to happen on Sundays as well and she was very sad to know that it dint and told me to come every Saturday and play with her. At the end of the day the kids very lovingly came and said bye to us giving us a flower to wear on our heads. This gesture touched me alot.

I was exhausted by the end of it but was happy as well. 


--- Jasmine Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear on the site shortly.