Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My Precious Toy!!



It was nice sunny day. We reached A Narayanapura at 2:40 pm. Around 50 boys were at the stall. So it was extremely chaotic. The children were already playing the "lion and cow" game. They all seemed completely involved in the game so we didn't want to disturb them. But after 10 minutes we introduced ourselves. The children were absolutely thrilled to see us. We continued to play the same game but modified a little. We told whoever got out to come and introduce themselves. After another 20 minutes, we divided the children into 4 groups of 8-10 children to play kabaddi. It took us around 30 minutes to divide the groups because children were running here and there so we were trying hard to control them. After dividing the groups I started taking down the names of all the boys. At this time I got to interact with each child. I felt happy to interact with the children.
When dividing the groups, the boys wanted to be with their friends and excluded whoever they didn't like. I told them to bring the others in also and play together. I felt there was alot of groupism among the boys. The boys were completely caught up in the game of Kabaddi. And it is the game they frequently play. After each team finished playing kabaddi, it started raining so we had to move into a room. There I noted down the names of the rest of the boys. Boys then started playing the game of 7up. They were seated in a circle. After playing 7up  the children wanted to dance. The boys showed extremely thrilled when they were dancing to the song "put your right hand in..." 
Before dancing to this song, one boy came up to me and told me to keep his toy. I was surprised that he trusted me to have his toy until he finished dancing. Having finished dancing the children dispersed.

--- Amy Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear on the site shortly.