Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Monday, September 23, 2013

Still standing strong


... Finally it was time to go see their houses. Shruthi, Snigdha and I decided to go together and we went with 2 siblings; Keerthana and her younger brother. At first they seemed surprised that we actually wanted to come and see their house, but after they asked us about 50 times to make sure we really wanted to and we confirmed it just as many times, they excitedly showed us their houses. As was expected all of their houses were small, dingy, with inadequate sanitation and unhygienic conditions. Regardless of that, I enjoyed myself as I watched Keerthana's face beam up with pride when she showed us her house. I remember it so vividly. Her face beaming and her minuscule little house standing strong next to her. It was extremely beautiful. I don't know how else to describe it. There was something so real about that situation and her corresponding smile that I can't really put my finger on it now..

-- Apsara V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear on the site shortly.