Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Saturday, July 27, 2013

First day


      As a couple of other tacklers and I made our way through some roundabout route the auto-driver decided to take, and being outrageously overcharged, we thought that our mood and energy had hit rock bottom. The deserted lane to the school didn't hold anything promising for us either. It seemed desolate and slightly shady. We were not sure how welcome we would feel when we actually turned up. To our pleasant surprise, we were proved completely wrong. We were welcomed with open arms, wide smiles, and the kind of noise level and excitement one would associate with recess!! There were kids everywhere, running around, jumping, laughing, squealing, on the ground, colouring, cutting paper, laughing, and just spreading a lot of cheer and warmth around.



     ...Time flies when you're having fun, and I discovered exactly that, when we were told that we had another half an hour to wind up. Between all the  cleaning up, and making sure that we were left with how much we began with, I somehow found myself in the dance room (after we were done counting, and disposing the trash, of course). Who needs parties in fancy clubs when we can do the same at a place where you're so much more comfortable flaunting your moves? Two girls who had joined me in doing what I thought was dancing shyly told me that next week, they'll teach me a few steps. They went on to talk to each other in Tamil. When I replied to them in their language, they seemed shocked, then excited,  then happy. A bond was formed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear on the site shortly.