Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Friday, November 1, 2013

Changes all around


I would like to mention two girls in my story today- Tulasi and Satya. Initially I was busy with the puzzle stall and thought there would not be any music stall happening today. But Tulasi kept coming to me asking whether we are doing it or not. When I asked her to wait, she actually got all her friends with her including some of the boys and stood in front of me and said they were all ready to learn. They wanted to learn the Assamese song i had taught a few weeks ago. I did help them with that. Later, I encouraged them to perform songs for me. I was surprised to see their enthusiasm and they actually performed 6-7 songs from me. I was glad that their school is actually teaching them many songs. I could see a huge difference in Tulasi from the first day. She has been a consistent student in my music stall. She has opened up a lot compared to her behaviour before.
Satya, who was considered little stubborn and rebellious by many of us in the caravan, has undergone a huge transformation altogether. Throughout the caravan she was interacting with me. She wanted to play, sing and dance with me. When I was leaving, she ran to me and kissed me goodbye...


-- Nikita Hazarika

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear on the site shortly.