Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Mistakes in Kannada are not a problem for our kids!


The caravan yesterday as the first of it's kind, where we volunteers put up a skit for the kids on the occasion of Diwali (late as it may be) and Children's day.  Before the skit was presented the kids were given diyas and asked to paint them to the best of their imagination. Most of the volunteers being busy with the final skit practice and me attending my first practice, we were unable to watch the kids at work. After close to an hour, it was time to start the start the play in front of the kids who were ever so silently and patiently waiting to see what the rest of us had in store for them. Though there was some amount of noise from their side during the play, it was very pleasing to watch them sit quietly and watch the play with a lot of interest for the majority of the play. What touched me most was the way the kids kept prompting and correcting me with my Kannada narration whenever I went wrong and not one laughed at me for my mistakes. This one small deed made me realise that yes, our work here is showing some results. 

--Husain Miyajiwala 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear on the site shortly.