Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Thursday, August 22, 2019

A Start to Caravan

In the beginning I was really scared to meet the boys as I have never been to the (caravan location) before. I was nervous about interacting with them. I have to admit, the entire caravan was challenging but I was able to interact with one of them.

I observed that, all of them really need love and care. They were all hurt inside, their reactions were those of dominance.

It's because they've learnt it by instinct. They can still be shaped. Also, their mental ages vary a lot.

I was able to interact with one boy. The rest I only listened to. The guy I spoke to was very mature. I was thinking of how I'll make him understand what empathy means given the theme of the caravan was 'Listening and Understanding with Empathy'. But when he spoke, I had all the respect for him. He was able to give examples from his personal life.

When I observed their art work, it reflected a lot of pain. It longed for freedom and love. It was all overwhelming.

In another space, the boys were sharing their personal experiences. I think of it as a way to learn and move on. I guess they felt at ease after sharing their feelings.

-Shailee Prasad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear on the site shortly.