Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Children are always better teachers.



The Caravan session started off with heavy rains and not many kids in the beginning. Moreover there weren't many kids coming to our stall so we decided to make paper birds and show them around to grasp the interest of the kids. It worked as soon we had lots of kids willing to learn. We started by making paper birds and butterflies and clubbed with the painting group so that the animals could be painted once made. 

Soon, however a boy named Jeeva came to the stall and he asked for paper but didn't want to learn how to make a bird. I gave him paper and let him do his own thing and when I looked back at him I was surprised to see that he had made a beautiful rose from the paper. I then asked him if he could teach me and I was pleasantly surprised to see that he was a patient teacher as he taught me the art. By then all the other kids wanted to try their hands at the rose- making so I began teaching them that while the others continued with the bird making. Jeeva, meanwhile made various other cutouts and figures using origami and after speaking to him I realize d that his father was involved in making paper crafts as his profession. Jeeva helps his father and that is how he knew how to make such wonderful things. 

Later as the kids began to clear out it was great to see most of them carrying colorful birds or roses in their hands as we ended the day with the usual chicken dance!

---- Pooja Agarwal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear on the site shortly.