Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

News from the Land I Belong!!


Right after college got over,I left for my second tackle event with the kids of A.Narayanpura. Thanks to the rain and the Saturday afternoon heavy Bangalore traffic jam I reached the place an hour late. When I was entering A.Narayanpura Government school,I was greeted with "hi akka" by all the kids. They didn't even know me but they all smiled and said"hi".
There were a total of 200 kids who showed up. First they had a game of lion and the lamb after which the kids were divided into the stalls of their choice.We had a music stall,dance stall,games stall,art and craft stall and the drama and story telling stall.I was a part of the dance stall.
First we had the "Chicken dance"followed by "If your happy and you know it". After the two action songs we taught the kids a new song"Baby shark" with actions.They enjoyed it immensely.The girls and the boys were divided in the dance stall.The girls were obedient and they listened to us.They enjoyed everything we taught them,while the boys they only wanted to dance and they loved the Tapori style dance. They were full of energy and thoroughly enjoyed the dancing. The girls were enthusiastic about everything as well.
The game stall had games like football, kho-kho, kabbadi, etc. Art and craft stall gave the kids an opportunity to draw and paint. While the drama stall had the kids acting out skits or mimicking characters. The maximum response was received at the dance and music stall which was clubbed. The kids danced and sang their hearts out and never got tired.
At the end, all the kids came and said bye to us. Some of them came and gave me a hug and that made my day. I was stranger to them yet they made me feel like I belonged there. Overall it was a very eventful day and the energy that the kids showed brought a smile to each of our faces.

--- Reetama Das

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear on the site shortly.