Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pictures speak a thousand words!!



When I sat to reach the caravan, the school, the place where I would be going to every Saturday now, I had mixed feelings. I was unsure how this whole thing would fall into place, I was nervous, I was think about how would I manage kids and that too all at once and it’s not like I haven't done it before, but they are kids you cannot match to their energies, their enthusiasm.

So I reached and first thing I notice is number of kids and its huge. They were so excited and energized. We started registering them and everyone wanted to get registered first in line, it was overwhelming to see and suddenly I just wanted to have fun, be as excited as the kids, enjoy and nothing more. Then we started with our stall, I was the part of arts and crafts stall. We started with our ice breaker and the one thing that attracted these kids were the colors and sketches in my hand. It was a huge group and we started playing passing the ball. They were quite interested in passing, few wanted to frame their friends (cheered for them too), few wanted to catch the ball themselves (to just dance or sing, their favorite song was kolaveri D). I loved how these kids wanted their favorite color to draw and then thereafter kept exchanging with each other. I loved how each of them would pronounce the color in such a cute manner.

There was this particular kid who asked me if I would give away prizes to the best drawing and I said no, it’s just for fun. Later when I saw what he drew I realized why he asked me that. His was the best drawing out of the lot. It was complete, it had details and was beautiful. I realized how much he wanted to be appreciated, to be recognized in doing what is actually good, what he is talented at. Somewhere there I could relate to him, I think we can all relate to him.

They day we planned didn't quite turn out the way we were expecting and if I know any better, none of the coming days would either. But, the fun lies just there. Seeing how kids love it and were reluctant to even leave made it all worthwhile. I am looking forward to next caravan and doing actual craftsy things. I love doing them myself (making small things, painting them and decorating), and hopefully the kids will enjoy it as much as I do. :)


--- Astha Dugar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear on the site shortly.