Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Warning - High Voltage SMILES!!


I, personally, had a brilliant experience. The kids were just plain adorable. We were warmly welcomed by them just as we arrived. They didn't even know who we were but they just thought "ah what the heck, let's give them an enthu-cutlet greetings, wave our arms like mad in the air and scream "hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" to these random strangers who we've never seen before". So that kick started that fun I was hoping to be a part of, and hence I wasn't disappointed.  What really amused me was their love for song and dance. They didn't make much of a fuss to perform. Their smiles were to die for! There were all ear to ear 100 watt smiles that were oozing with genuine happiness, which gave me a real kick. They found my lack of knowledge of kannada entertaining, and so did I. I think they really loved it that we included ourselves in the introductions and the games, and that the same rules applied to us as it did to them. As in, when I fumbled in one of the games and as a consequence was at the mercy of the group to do their bidding, they were so surprised that I didn't make a fuss about it. Even when I sat on the ground with them, they treated it as an occurrence of tabooed blasphemy. But I think that's when the barriers broke down initially, which resulted in this super-fun experience.
 
---Shravanthi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear on the site shortly.