Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Monday, August 12, 2013

Kabaddi kabaddi kabaddi


We had a fewer number of children at the caravan this week, which I feel made it easier to pay a little more attention to the smaller groups. I was first a part of Kabaddi with the boys and then throwball with the girls. There was a marked difference in the energy level and expectations from the two groups. When I first joined the group, I could see the judgement of my incompetence in their eyes, but was nevertheless welcomed into the team. We proceeded to play with the kids playing, and the volunteers standing at the base line. I was encouraged in gestures to just GRAB the kids. I tried, but with their superior kung fu skills, I was outmatched with my school-girl Kabaddi experience! The game with the girls was milder and more relaxing, however it was more chaotic, and they were more concerned with who got the ball and who didn't. Some even lost interest in the game if they didn't get the ball, whereas the boys made a better team.

--Kasturi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear on the site shortly.