Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Monday, August 19, 2013

Slipping on the big boy shoes


The day began with a challenge to turn pro as we had to start the Caravan all by ourselves without the help of the headstreams staff. Tying up the banner to the initial 'dodda circle maadi' was all adding to sense of belonging now. Today I was more driven by the thought that I am now a senior tackler now and had the responsibility for the effective conducting of the caravan. So I was trying to be more "Vinay-like" (a headstreams staff member), participating in all the madness with the kids while learning the songs and dancing crazily. When it began to rain, I certainly wanted to go and enjoy with the kids but instead I ended up playing the role of dad, telling the Tacklers not to let kids play in the rain as they might get sick. I enjoyed this new role and responsibility a lot. 

-- Sabu John

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear on the site shortly.