Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Caravan Experiences - Making a Masterpiece

I felt so happy looking at little kids enjoying themselves with activities. Most of the boys and girls were working in groups and helping each other rather than fighting for resources. At the end, their eyes were filled with joy, looking forward to the next Saturday.

In Craft and Maker's Space, two boys from 9th grade took on the challenge of making "Rocket" out of matchsticks. From beginning to end, they were highly focused and conversed with me politely. When it was taking too long, two three boys from other group joined hands happily and the result was a masterpiece!

From today's experience, I cannot think of any suggestions that has to be made for making it better because kids enjoyed to the fullest in almost each area. I just want to mention that I feel this initiative is not only helping children enjoy their time playing and relaxing themselves it's equally therapeutic for volunteers like me as well. The smile on their face, their giggles, joy of completing a task makes adults like me contented.

- Ashni Shah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear on the site shortly.