Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Caravan Resource Drive - "Having Fun" Seriously

Since I live in a hostel I asked my housemates if they would be willing to contribute to the caravan resource drive. And since there was a minimum amount, they were uncomfortable (as it was too much for their budget) in giving money but agreed to buy some art supplies and donate.

I shared my role as a playworker with them and they were really amazed to learn a lot of new things about play in general. I asked them if they would be willing to donate in kind as even a small contribution matters a lot. I kept texting them to remind them about the things.  It really felt nice that all of them who contributed told that they wished they had Headstreams when they were in school too. All of them were really amazed by the kind of work Headstreams was doing.

From the time I remember, I have been very fond of stationary and anything related to games in general. When I was on the collection drive it reminded me of the privilege I had as a child and even now. These things may be the simplest things, but not necessarily affordable to all.
Thus the takeaway I had from this experience was that it's high time that we stop taking "play" for granted and also stop trivializing it. It's high time we take "having fun" seriously.

- Swati Singh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear on the site shortly.